maandag 25 juni 2012

ZERO.DAYS.

Ok, it's getting real now. 

Australia will soon no longer be down under. Tomorrow at 7:15pm my feet will be lift off the ground in Brussels, and forwarding 25 (long and exhausting) hours, I'll touch down in Melbourne, Australia.



Of course i've been frantically packing my suitcase for the last two days, facing following challenges: suitcase has to weigh less than 23kg (REALLY?) and hand luggage less than 7kg (BLEH). But no worries, this gives me a damn good excuse to shop (a lot) in Melbourne, right?!
Anyway, if emptying my room in Ghent didn't cause enough jumble, the chaos in my room at home (and the hallway downstairs. And the hallway upstairs.) was slightly alarming. But hey, a girl has to select her clothes properly, right? This is what it kinda looked like:



And that's still kind of a euphinism of the real chaos. My suitcase did start to look like something, (duh, I'm leaving everything behind. There nothing left to put into the suitcase.)




It did hurt, you know, leaving beautiful clothes, shoes, bags behind.. (Ok i'm probably overreacting, but it's really hard to fit all your favourite clothes in one (not so tiny) suitcase!) I had to leave these beauties behind, among others:


But the idea of gathering a collection like this puts the loss in perspective:

(ok, just kidding) (I wouldn't take the kid with it)

With my suitcase almost done, the only thing left to do is check in online. This way, I'm able to choose my seat, which I reckon is necessary when you'll be bound to that chair for 21 hours sthraight. Some research on the internet yielded following helpful tips:

1. Don't sit in the back. Not only will people be pacing up and down to the lavatories, they'll be chatting there, bump you with limbs that are too long, and the lights from the crew cabin will be disturbing you.
2. Don't sit in the back. IT SMELLS.
3. If you have long legs, try to sit in an emergency exit row. (this doesn't apply to me. I'm kind off a dwarf.)
4. If you want to sleep, try to sit at the window, that way you can lean against it.
5. If you want to take pretty pictures, sit a couple of rows behind the wings. (I made this one up myself)

So with this information gathered, I can check in like a pro. The only thing left to do for me is wait until tomorrow arrives...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten