zondag 15 april 2012

MELB.FASH.

Let's talk fashion today.

A few weeks ago I met up with a Belgian Melbourne-insider, who immigrated about a year ago for work. We talked about the city (really stunning and liveable), housing (expensive but there are some cheap options, so searching is the key), safety (véry good, she feels safer at night in Melbourne than in Belgium), and fashion.
This is the advice about fashion I wrote down
:


Well, I strongly have to disagree on this one. Of course I haven't lived and shopped there myself, but according to my favourite Australian blogs the clothes are super pretty and you can find some pretty good deals.

Tuula is wearing a Topshop top, Asos skirt and Zara shoes, all very familiar brands which are not too pricey.

Read more about Australian brands and bloggers after the jump...





Sara Donaldson from Harper&Harley is wearing accessories from Benah, which are affordable and super pretty. Especially the limits cuff is something I'm seriously lusting after.


Also Erin from LoveShopShare knows how to style her outfits. She too is a big fan of zara and topshop, but also Australian brands make an appearance once in a while.

Speaking of Australian brands, make sure to check out nude footwear, Bec&Bridge, Victoria+Woods... Maybe a bit more expensive, but so worth it!

As Xiaohan Shen from xssatstreetfashion puts it:

"Melbourne girls are more daring than Sydney girls, there’s no doubt about that. I mean daring as in dressing creatively. Sydney girls like to look and feel pretty, feminine and sexy, Melbourne girls don’t mind being different and I love it! Reminds me of London so much! Just put on something crazy and walk out the door feeling confident. Why not? Fashion is all about self expression, no?"

Remember my London obsession? Sounds like Melbourne's gonna fit me like a glove...

So, yes indeed, Melbourne has a massive zara, and a topshop, and an Aldo shoes and on top of that gorgeous Australian clothes. I think I'll do just fine over there fashionwise. Panic averted.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten